Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Blog! Welcome!

Hello Everyone. So, this is my first blog. I am hoping to create a fun, informative, and positive environment with this website. I am obsessed with all things makeup and beauty related. I hope to use this website as a way to provide informative information to women of all ages, with all types of skin issues, at all price points regarding makeup and other related issues. I will also post random information about things that inspire me or things that really interest me. I think it's important to spice it up sometimes!

Well, I am sure you're all interested in hearing a little more about me. So here it goes. I am 26 . . . turning 27 in May. I can't believe how the time flies. I don't feel old, but the numbers are starting to get a little scary. I have my masters degree in Entomology, which is the study of insects. So, yea, I'm a science nerd at heart, but I also have a lot of creative interests as well (scrapbooking, cooking, photography, etc). I have lived almost my whole life in the Chicagoland area. I have two younger brothers, and very supportive parents.

You may ask yourself, "Why is she so interested in makeup?". Well, here goes. I wore a minimal amount of makeup all throughout high school and college, but when I was studying in graduate school, I didn't have time for all the little extras. So, I abandoned spending time on my appearance for 2 years. When I finished my masters, I started working and I met a lovely coworker, young, beautiful, and intelligent. She inspired me to take a more active interest in my appearance and she introduced me to MAC. I am truly obsessed. Up until that point, I used drugstore products and the only high-end product I used occasionally was Clinique. I turned to YouTube for tutorials on how to apply makeup and taught myself all the basics. I came across some wonderful people on YouTube. One of the first was Lauren Luke. She is truly inspiring.

I spent several months practicing with makeup and developing my skills. After finishing my masters, I had so much free time on my hands, I just didn't know what to do with myself. I realized that my Mac Laptop had a built-in camera and I taught myself how to make and edit movies in imovie. I decided to start making videos because I was bored, but also because I thought that I had a lot of information that would be helpful to other women out there. It's been about 4 months since I started making videos and I already have a more than 300 subscribers. Thanks so much to everyone that supports me. I never really expected to have this many supporters. I was very shy and quiet in the first videos that I made (it is quite daunting to sit in front of a camera, look pretty, sound intelligent, and get all the words to come out correctly), but I became more confident and my real personality started to come out. I love making videos! It has really pushed me to try new things, and to think outside of my safe little box.

Anyhow, I hope that you enjoy! I love hearing feedback! Let me know if there are any specific topics you would like me to address, questions you have, or requests for tutorials.


I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment