Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MAC EYESHADOW FINISHES




Hey Guys! In this video I go through 8 of the 9 eyeshadow finishes from Mac. The 9 categories are: Frost, Satin, Velvet, Veluxe, Veluxe Pearl, Lustre, Matte, Matte^2, and Starflash. I do not own any Matte^2 eyeshadows so I can't really describe them for you.

Frost: Shimmery, provide a nice highlight effect, very cream and soft in texture, great to blend. Good Colors to start off with: Nylon, Satin Taupe, Juxt.

Satin: Light sheen, soft and creamy, easy to work with. A good color to start with is Shroom.

Velvet: Flat matte base color with a very small amount of a shimmery particle running through the shadow (the shadow does not look shimmery on the eyelid), soft in texture, easy to work with. Good colors to start off with are Mulch and Vanilla.

Veluxe: Flat in color like a matte shadow, very pigmented, dense/chalky in texture, easy to work with. Good colors to start off with: Kid, and Brown Down. I believe there are only 3 of these types of shadows currently on Mac's website.

Veluxe Pearl: holographic, metallic, multidimensional, they have little flexes of other shimmery colors running through the shadow, very soft and creamy, very easy to work with. Good colors to start off with: Gorgeous Gold, Woodwinked, All that Glitters, Sumptuous Olive,

Lustre: Glitter, shimmery, soft in texture, very messy, I don't recommend buying these.

Matte: Completely flat, No shimmer or glitter, highly pigmented (a little goes a long way), hard/chalky in texture, but still easy to work with. Good colors to start with: Embark, Carbon.

Matte^2: Don't own any, couldn't tell you!

Starflash: Shimmery with a gold tone running through, also soft and creamy (probably not as soft as frosts), easy to work with. My favorite is Go, but it is discontinued. I have found it at a CCO near me though . . . so it is still out there.

I also tried to show examples of each finish and also recommend good colors to start off with. I hope that you all enjoy!

Let me know if you need recommendations on colors to try. Most of my recommendations are really good foundation colors, meaning neutrals, highlights, or crease colors. I didn't go too much into any bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment