Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TIPS FOR PROM

CLOTHING:
1. Find a dress that you feel comfortable in. You will be wearing it for a long time . . . and you want to be able to pull out the dance moves on the dance floor.

2. Pick a classic dress. It's fun to follow the fads, but in 10 years when you look back you might think to yourself "what was I thinking?"

3. Get a pair of comfortable heels! And wear them a couple of times before the night of the dance. Break them in . . . you don't want to be hobbling around all night because you have blisters.

4. Your dress doesn't have to cost a fortune. My prom dress was the cheapest of all the dresses I bought to go to dances. It was only a $100. JCPenney's actually has a great selection.

5. A dress with pockets can be your best friend! Anything you bring with you will have to be carried all night long. Pockets are a great place to keep lipstick and other random items.

6. Use fun accessories. I wore a tiara to a couple of my dances. And I added little crystals and bows to my hair for a couple of dances.

MAKEUP:
1. Don't go over board. Keep it simple.

2. Pick 1 feature that you would like to highlight. For instance, if you want a bold smokey eye, do a subtle lip and visa versa.

3. If you don't normally wear a lot of makeup, don't feel the need to cake it on for prom. BE YOURSELF!

4. Make sure that you are nicely groomed. If you are going to have your eyebrows waxed, make sure to do it at least a week in advance. I made the mistake before one of my dances to get my brows waxed for the first time the day before the dance. The waxing ripped my skin and I had little scabs all around my eyebrows!

1 comment: